Details for Benchmark: AH9198
N 39° 16.467 W 074° 34.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- RV 2700
- Marker Type:
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1996 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (ECB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF OCEAN CITY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 52 ALSO KNOWN AS NINTH STREET AND ASBURY AVENUE, GO SOUTH ON ASBURY AVENUE FOR 0.45 MI (0.72 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, SET ABOUT 0.1 FT (3.0 CM) BELOW THE GROUND BETWEEN THE CURB AND THE SIDEWALK IN FRONT OF HOUSE NUMBER 1312. THE STATION IS 136 FT (41.5 M) SOUTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF THIRTEENTH STREET, 2.3 FT (0.7 M) NORTHWEST FROM THE NORTHWEST CURB OF ASBURY AVENUE, 9.5 FT (2.9 M) FROM POLE NUMBER 02261, 20.8 FT (6.3 M) SOUTHEAST FROM THE SOUTH CORNER OF HOUSE NUMBER 1312 AND 28.6 FT (8.7 M) SOUTH FROM THE EAST CORNER OF HOUSE NUMBER 1312.
|09/17/1996 by NJGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.