Details for Benchmark: AI1933
N 32° 17.698 W 110° 45.238 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PIMA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- NN 171
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by AZ-019 (MONUMENTED)
|01/22/1999 by AZ-019 (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY PIMA COUNTY ARIZONA 1999 (MM)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MI (3.2 KM) NORTH AND 15 MI (24.1 KM) EAST OF DOWNTOWN TUCSON, IN SECTION 18, T 13 S, R 16 E, IN THE NORTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE INTERSECTION OF SNYDER RD AND CATALINA HIGHWAY. OWNERSHIP--ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY. LOCATED ABOUT 80 FT (24.4 M) EAST FROM THE EAST EDGE OF CATALINA HIGHWAY, 39 FT (11.9 M) EAST FROM A BARBED WIRE FENCE CORNER, ABOUT 35 FT (10.7 M) NORTH FROM THE NORTH EDGE OF SNYDER RD AND 2 FT (0.6 M) SOUTH FROM A WITNESS POST IN BARBED WIRE FENCE LINE. NOTE--ROD DRIVEN TO REFUSAL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.