Details for Benchmark: AI1937
N 33° 26.664 W 111° 57.021 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1999 by SRP (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY SALT RIVER PROJECT 1999 (AB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN EAST PHOENIX, ABOUT 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF VAN BUREN ST AND WASHINGTON ST/CURRY ROAD, AT THE SALT RIVER PROJECT ADMINISTRATION BUILDING AT 1505 N. PROJECT DRIVE. OWNERSHIP--SALT RIVER PROJECT. CONTACT IS ADRIAN BURCHAM, LAND/SURVEYS DIVISION, PO BOX 52025, MAIL STATION SUR225, TEMPE AZ 85282, PHONE 602-236-3174. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE AT 48TH ST AND VAN BUREN ST IN EAST PHOENIX, GO EAST FOR 1.5 MI (2.4 KM) ON VAN BUREN ST TO PROJECT DR. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.2 MI (0.3 KM) ON PROJECT DR TO THE SOUTH DRIVEWAY OF THE SALT RIVER PROJECT ADMINISTRATION BUILDING. FOLLOW THE DRIVEWAY EAST FOR 0.2 MI (0.3 KM) TO THE LOWER PARKING LOT AND THE STATION. THE STATION IS AN ALUMINUM DISK SET IN A 4.5 FT (1.4 M) CONCRETE DRAIN AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A ONE ACRE RETAINING POND. LOCATED 48.8 FT (14.9 M) EAST FROM A LIGHT POLE AND 79.1 FT (24.1 M) NORTH FROM A LIGHT POLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.