Details for Benchmark: AI2011
N 44° 41.349 W 123° 13.134 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BENTON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- Y 683
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by ORDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY OREGON DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1982 (GVD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 17.4 KM (10.80 MI) SOUTH OF MONMOUTH, 14.5 KM (9.00 MI) NORTH OF CORVALLIS, 2.0 KM (1.25 MI) NORTH OF ADAIR VILLAGE, ON THE EAST RIGHT-OF-WAY OF STATE HIGHWAY 99W. OWNERSHIP--OREGON STATE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 20 EAST AND STATE HIGHWAYS 34 EAST AND 99W IN EAST CORVALLIS, GO NORTH ON HIGHWAY 99W FOR 7.24 KM (4.50 MI) TO THE INTERSECTION OF LEWISBURG ROAD. CONTINUE NORTH ON HIGHWAY 99W FOR 5.23 KM (3.25 MI) TO ARNOLD AVENUE ON THE RIGHT. CONTINUE NORTH ON HIGHWAY 99W FOR 2.01 KM (1.25 MI) PAST THE SOUTHERN ENTRANCE TO ADAIR FRONTAGE ROAD TO THE NORTHERN ENTRANCE TO ADAIR FRONTAGE ROAD. TURN RIGHT, EASTERLY, ON ADAIR FRONTAGE ROAD FOR 45 M (147.6 FT) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS AN OREGON STATE HIGHWAY DIVISION BENCH MARK DISK SET IN TOP OF 38 CM SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 22.9 M (75.1 FT) EAST FROM THE EAST EDGE OF THE HIGHWAY, 15.2 M (49.9 FT) SOUTH FROM THE CENTER OF ADAIR FRONTAGE ROAD, 11.6 M (38.1 FT) WEST FROM THE CENTER OF ADAIR FRONTAGE ROAD, AND 0.8 M (2.6 FT) SOUTH FROM A USBM PADDLE SIGN.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 2000. This is a SPECIAL STATUS position. See SPECIAL STATUS under the DATUM ITEM on the data sheet items page. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.