Details for Benchmark: AI2508
N 44° 47.425 W 088° 34.040 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SHAWANO county, WI View Original Datasheet
- SHAWANO GPS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by WIDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WI DEPT OF TRANSP 1993 (PJH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 53.14 KM (33.00 MI) NORTHWEST OF GREEN BAY AND 3.22 KM (2.00 MI) EAST OF SHAWANO NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE SHAWANO CITY/COUNTY MUNICIPAL AIRPORT. OWNERSHIP--CITY AND COUNTY OF SHAWANO. THE AIRPORT MANAGER IS CLARENCE SCHAMPERS, TELEPHONE 715 526-2465, CONTACT CLARENCE SCHAMPERS 24 HOURS PRIOR TO ACCESSING THE STATION. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 22, 29, 47, AND 55 AT THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN STREET AND GREEN BAY STREET IN THE CITY OF SHAWANO, GO EAST 3.22 KM (2.00 MI) ON HIGHWAYS 22, 29, 47, AND 55 (GREEN BAY STREET) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH COUNTY HIGHWAY HHH (AIRPORT ROAD) , TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH 0.64 KM (0.40 MI) ON HIGHWAY HHH TO THE AIRPORT ENTRANCE ROAD ON THE RIGHT, CONTINUE NORTH 0.24 KM (0.15 MI) ON HIGHWAY HHH TO GUMAER ROAD ON THE RIGHT, TURN RIGHT AND GO EAST 0.08 KM (0.05 MI) ON GUMAER ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A BRONZE WIS DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION GPS GEODETIC CONTROL STATION DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 35-CM (14-INCH) DIAMETER CONCRETE POST RECESSED APPROXIMATELY 5 CM (2 INCHES) BELOW GROUND AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD PAVEMENT. THE STATION IS 15.6 M (51.2 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, APPROXIMATELY 90 M (295.3 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE EXTENDED CENTERLINE OF RUNWAY 11/29, 32.4 M (106.3 FT) EAST OF TELEPHONE PEDESTAL L4B 8A, 24.3 M (79.7 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A FIRE HYDRANT LOCATED BETWEEN THE BUILDINGS AT FIRE NUMBER W6472 AND W6476, 7.1 M (23.3 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE EXTENDED CENTERLINE OF THE CONCRETE APPROACH SLAB FOR THE GARAGE AT W6472 GUMAER ROAD, AND 0.37 M (1.21 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A WHITE WITNESS POST. ---NOTE---THE STATION HAS NO VISIBBLE OBSTRUCTION EXTENDING HIGHER THAN 5 DEGREES ABOVE THE HORIZON EXCEPT SOME TREES TO THE NORTH AND NORTHEAST ACROSS GUMAER ROAD EXTENDING TO 15 DEGREES ABOVE THE HORIZON. THIS STATION IS DESIGNATED AS A SECONDARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION.
- This mark is at Shawano Municipal Airport (3W0)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.