Details for Benchmark: AI3354
N 33° 43.581 W 111° 30.239 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MARICOPA county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1998 by SRVWUA (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MARICOPA COUNTY ARIZONA 1998 (LOC)
GENERAL STATION LOCATION- IN MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA. APPROXIMATELY 25 MI (40.2 KM) NORTHEAST OF MESA, ALONG US 87 AT MILE POST 207. OWNERSHIP- UNKNOWN. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF THE 202 FREEWAY AND US 87, GO 26.3 MILE (42.3 KM) NORTH NORTHEAST ALONG US 87 TO MILE POST 207, GO .85 MI (1.37 KM) PAST MILE POST 207 TO FOREST ROAD 1845 ON RIGHT SIDE EAST, GO RIGHT OR EAST FOR 0.22 MI (0.35 KM) TO A DIRT ROAD ON RIGHT/SOUTH SIDE OF ROAD, TAKE DIRT ROAD IN A SOUTHERLY DIRECTION FOR 0.19 MI (0.31 KM) TO STATION. STATION WILL BE ON LEFT SIDE OF ROAD ON ROCK OUTCROPPING. APPROXIMATELY 200 FT (61.0 M) NORTH OF MESQUITE WASH. MONUMENT IS A SALT RIVER PROJECT SURVEY DEPT ALUMINUM CAPSET ON A ROCK OUTCROPPING. CAP IS STAMPED ROCK 1998. DESCRIBED BY BRIAN DALAGER.
|01/01/1998 by AZ-013 (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model using precise GPS observation and processing techniques.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.