Details for Benchmark: AI4342
N 39° 34.087 W 075° 18.802 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SALEM county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 17 D 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1999 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1999 (RJK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN ALLOWAY TOWNSHIP ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF ELMER SHIRLEY ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 611. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 77 AND COUNTY ROAD 540 IN THE COMMUNITY OF DEERFIELD IN UPPER DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY, GO NORTH ON STATE ROUTE 77 FOR 3.25 MI (5.23 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH ELMER SHIRLEY ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 611 IN THE COMMUNITY OF SHIRLEY IN UPPER PITTSGROVE TOWNSHIP IN SALEM COUNTY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40 AND STATE ROUTE 77 AT THE POLE TAVERN TRAFFIC CIRCLE, GO SOUTH ON STATE ROUTE 77 FOR 3.4 MI (5.5 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH ELMER SHIRLEY ROAD, COUNTY ROAD 611. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST ON COUNTY ROAD 611 FOR 4.1 MI (6.6 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND WITHIN AN ELECTRIC UTILITY TRANSMISSION TOWER RIGHT OF WAY AND OPPOSITE A PAVED DRIVEWAY LEADING TO HOUSE NUMBER 355 ON THE LEFT. THE STATION IS 15.4 M (50.5 FT) NORTHWEST FROM WOOD UTILITY POLE NUMBER B 27332, 18.2 M (59.7 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHWEST END OF A STEEL GUIDERAIL, 6.2 M (20.3 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM A 50 MPH SPEED LIMIT TRAFFIC SIGN WITH WITNESS SIGN ATTACHED, 8.0 M (26.2 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 611 AND 50.3 M (165.0 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE EAST END OF A BRICK WALL ALONG THE EDGE OF ROAD IN FRONT OF A TWO STORY LOG CABIN TYPE DWELLING, HOUSE NUMBER 330.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.