Details for Benchmark: AI4551
N 33° 12.767 W 116° 28.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN DIEGO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- SDPR 17
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Seafrost found AI4551
Benchmarking day with Mikey. & found KING, HOPE, BAKER, DON, YAP, SY12, SY64, SDPR17, SDPR16, SDPR15, SDPR14, SDPR13, CL25.
||Mikey. found AI4551
Benchmarking day found KING, HOPE, BAKER, DON, YAP, SY12, SY64, SDPR17, SDPR16, SDPR15, SDPR14, SDPR13, CL25
||The Fossillady found AI4551
N 33° 12.867 W 116° 28.441
Coordinates for this one are .33 miles off. New coordinates listed. I found this used description from mile marker 8. Found in good condition.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1995 (ATD)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 6.3 MI (10.1 KM) WEST OF BORREGO, 2.85 MILES (4.59 KM) EAST OF RANCHITA, ON THE NORTH SIDE OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY ROUTE S-22 AT POST MILE 8.0. TO REACH FROM THE STORE IN RANCHITA, GO EAST ON S-22 FOR 2.9 MI (4.7 KM) TO A SMALL DIRT TURNOUT ON THE RIGHT, SOUTH AND THE STATION MARK 200 FT (61.0 M) FURTHER EAST ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ROAD. THE STATION MARK IS 183.7 FT (56.0 M) NORTHWEST OF THE END OF A 36 IN METAL PIPE ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE ROAD, 67 FT (20.4 M) NORTH NORTHWEST OF POST MILE MARKER 8.0, 40.7 FT (12.4 M) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF S-22, 8.4 FT (2.6 M) HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. THE STATION WAS LEVELED TO BY CADT AS A PART OF THE 1995 PERIPHERAL RUN IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY TO ESTABLISH NAVD 1988.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 2000.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.