Details for Benchmark: AI5129
N 31° 59.163 W 083° 46.760 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CRISP county, GA View Original Datasheet
- CKF A
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1998 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.5 KM (1.55 MI) NORTHEAST OF DOWNTOWN CORDELE,1.6 KM NORTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 75 AND STATE HIGHWAY 257, AT THE CRISP COUNTY-CORDELE AIRPORT, IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF THE AIRFIELD, BETWEEN THE PARALLEL TAXI FOR RUNWAY 9-27 AND THE OVERUN FOR RUNWAY END 4. OWNERSHIP--CRISP COUNTY. AIRPORT MANAGER IS DUB COOPER, 1701 2ND STREET NORTH, CORDELE, GA 31015. PHONE 912-273-3124. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 75 AND STATE HIGHWAY 257 (EXIT 34) , GO WEST ON THE PAVED ROAD (WHICH BECOMES EAST 8TH AVENUE) FOR 1.9 KM (1.20 MI) TO THE NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY ON THE LEFT. CONTINUE WEST ON EAST 8TH AVENUE FOR 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) TO A CROSSROAD. TURN RIGHT, NORTH, ON NORTH 2ND STREET FOR 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) TO ROAD END AT A GATE. PASS THROUGH THE GATE, THEN TURN LEFT, NORTH, ACROSS THE APRON AND ALONG A TAXI FOR 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) TO THE PARALLEL TAXI FOR RUNWAY 9-27. TURN LEFT, WEST, ALONG THE TAXI FOR 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS A SURVEY DISK SET NEAR THE SOUTH CORNER OF A 1.0 M (3.3 FT) X 0.8 M (2.6 FT) CONCRETE AND STEEL DRAIN RECESSED 5 CM BELOW THE GROUND. IT IS 58.7 M (192.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF RUNWAY 4, 51.1 M (167.7 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE PAVED RUNWAY SHOULDER, 46.7 M (153.2 FT) SOUTH OF THE EXTENSION OF THE PARALLEL TAXI BEFORE IT CURVES TO THE SOUTHWEST, 33.1 M (108.6 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE PARALLEL TAXI, 0.7 M (2.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE DRAIN, 0.07 M (0.23 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE CONCRETE, AND 0.25 M (0.82 FT) WEST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. THIS STATION HAS BEEN DESIGNATED AS A SECONDARY AIRPORT CONTROL STATION (SACS) .
- This mark is at Crisp Co-Cordele Airport (CKF)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.