Details for Benchmark: AI5759
N 38° 33.727 W 078° 22.944 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MADISON county, VA View Original Datasheet
- 118 MLS
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1963 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|3/1/2000 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 2000 (RWA)
21.7 MILES NORTHEAST OF SWIFT RUN GAP, ALONG SKYLINE DRIVE, 2.6 MILES SOUTHWEST OF SKYLAND, AT CRESCENT ROCK OVERLOOK, 253 FEET NORTHEAST OF JUNCTION OF SKYLINE DRIVE AT SOUTHWEST TURNOUT TO OVERLOOK, 67 FEET SOUTHEAST OF JUNCTION OF SKYLINE DRIVE AT CENTER TURNOUT TO OVERLOOK, 33 FEET EAST OF AND ABOUT 10 FEET HIGHER THAN SKYLINE DRIVE, IN LARGE ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.