Details for Benchmark: AI6802
N 39° 26.702 W 083° 49.635 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLINTON county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1999 by WOOLPT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WOOLPERT CONSULTANTS 1999 (GF)
THE STATION IS APPROXIMATELY 13.3 MI (21.4 KM) NORTHEAST OF BLANCHESTER, 10.25 MI (16.50 KM) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF SABINA, 7.75 MI (12.47 KM) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF PORT WILLIAM, AND IS IN THE CITY OF WILMINGTON. THE STATION IS IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN ST. AND WALNUT ST. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF US 22 (MAIN ST.) AND US 68 IN WILMINGTON, PROCEED EAST ON US 22 FOR ONE BLOCK TO THE INTERSECTION WITH WALNUT STREET AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 34.5 FT (10.5 M) SOUTH OF A 12-INCH TREE, 34.0 FT (10.4 M) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF A LIGHT POLE, AND 9.0 FT (2.7 M) WEST OF THE EDGE OF THE CONCRETE WALK. THE STATION IS A STANDARD CLINTON COUNTY SURVEY DISK SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT AND STAMPED--GPS CW 3 2000--RECESSED 0.2 FT (6.1 CM) BELOW GROUND LEVEL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.