Details for Benchmark: AI8314
N 44° 23.600 W 068° 13.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, ME View Original Datasheet
- BARH B
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/2000 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 2000 (GAS)
0.6 KM (0.35 MI) WESTERLY ALONG COTTAGE STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN BAR HARBOR, THENCE 0.9 KM (0.55 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 3, THENCE 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG A DRIVEWAY LEADING TO THE BLUE NOSE MOTOR INN, NEAR THE CENTER OF A 3 BY 6-FOOT EXPOSED ROCK OUTCROP, 28.2 M (92.5 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BASE OF A SIGN (BLUE NOSE MOTOR INN) , 22.9 M (75.1 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE TO CLEFT STONE MANOR, 10.3 M (33.8 FT) WEST OF THE DRIVEWAY CENTER, AND 1.3 M (4.3 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DRIVEWAY. NOTE--THE MARK IS ON PROPERTY OWNED BY BERNARD COUGH, 6 NORMAN ROAD, BAR HARBOR, ME 04609. THIS IS A CORS SITE REFERENCE STATION.
|10/19/2000 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.