Details for Benchmark: AI8357
N 44° 54.267 W 066° 59.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, ME View Original Datasheet
- 841 0140 L TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1990 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|10/24/2000 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 2000 (GAS)
0.2 KM (0.10 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG WATER STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE IN EASTPORT, IN TOP OF AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE WEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A BRIDGE LEADING TO THE CITY PIER, 27.2 M (89.2 FT) EAST OF THE STREET CENTER, 3.4 M (11.2 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE BRIDGE, AND 0.6 M (2.0 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE STREET. NOTE--THE MARK IS ON PROPERTY OWNED BY THE CITY OF EASTPORT, 78 HIGH STREET, EASTPOST, ME 04361, TELEPHONE 207-853-2300. THIS IS A CORS SITE REFERENCE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.