Details for Benchmark: AI8459
N 40° 52.600 W 074° 02.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BERGEN county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 01378570 B
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1998 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (ECB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF HACKENSACK ON THE EAST SIDE OF RIVER STREET, COUNTY ROAD 503 AND ON THE PROPERTY OF THE PEP BOYS AUTO STORE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF RIVER STREET, COUNTY ROAD 503 AND COURT STREET, GO SOUTH ON RIVER STREET FOR ABOUT 100 M (328.1 FT) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT, SET FLUSH IN A DRILL HOLE AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE SQUARE CONCRETE BASE OF THE WEST LEG OF A LARGE SIGN FOR THE PEP BOYS AUTO STORE AND ALSO IN RANGE WITH THE SOUTH WALL OF THE STORE EXTENDED. THE STATION IS 8.6 M (28.2 FT) EAST FROM THE EAST CURB OF RIVER STREET, 3.0 M (9.8 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM AN INLET AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE NORTHWEST PARKING LOT FOR THE PEP BOYS AUTO STORE AND 9.8 M (32.2 FT) NORTH FROM THE NOSE OF A CENTER CONCRETE ISLAND AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE AND EXIT DRIVE LEADING TO THE PARKING LOT. THE STATION IS A STANDARD U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY GAGING STATION DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.