Details for Benchmark: AI8514
N 39° 15.829 W 076° 59.706 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HOWARD county, MD View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by MD-027 (MONUMENTED)
|09/15/2000 by MD-027 (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY HOWARD COUNTY MARYLAND 2000 (RFM)
DESCRIPTION BY HOWARD COUNTY 2000. THE STATION IS NEAR GLENELG, ABOUT SEVEN MILES SOUTH OF SYKESVILLE, 7 MILES WNW OF COLUMBIA AND 8 MILES NE OF LAYTONSVILLE.. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE AY GLENELG AT THE INTERSECTION OF TEN OAKS ROAD AND TRIADELPHIA ROAD, GO WEST 0.45 MILES ALONG TRIADELPHIA ROAD TO THE CORNER OF KENNARD ROAD, THE MARK IS ON THE NW CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION. THE MARK IS 21 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF TRIADELPHIA ROAD, 5.5 FEET TO THE CORNER POST OF A PVC FENCE AND 6.9 FEET TO THE SECOND POST OF SAID FENCE. THE MARK IS A STANDARD HOWARD COUNTY SURVEY DISC SET ON CONCRETE BASE , FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.