Details for Benchmark: AI8792
N 38° 58.267 W 074° 50.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- GABLES 3 AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|09/11/1998 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (RJK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE BOROUGH OF WILDWOOD CREST ON THE GROUNDS OF BAYSIDE PARK, NORTHEAST FROM THE TEE INTERSECTION OF NEW JERSEY AVENUE AND FARRAGUT AVENUE AND ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE DUFFY RESTAURANT. THE STATION IS 2 FT (0.6 M) WEST FROM POLE NUMBER 24970 AND PROJECTS 0.1 M (0.3 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND. THE STATION IS ALSO ABOUT 0.3 MI (0.5 KM) NORTHEAST FROM AND ALONG NEW JERSEY AVENUE, ALSO KNOWN AS BAYVIEW DRIVE FROM TRIANGULATION STATION GABLES 3.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.