Details for Benchmark: AI8987
N 38° 58.613 W 084° 36.465 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KENTON county, KY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/2000 by WOOLPT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY WOOLPERT CONSULTANTS 2000 (GTF)
THE STATION IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 8.8 MI (14.2 KM) SOUTHWEST OF COVINGTON, 7.2 MI (11.6 KM) SOUTHEAST OF BURLINGTON, AND 2.0 MI (3.2 KM) SOUTH OF FLORENCE. OWNERSHIP-- STATE OF KENTUCKY RIGHT OF WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF DIXIE HIGHWAY AND KY RT 1829 (INDUSTRIAL ROAD) , PROCEED EAST 0.65 MI (1.05 KM) ALONG INDUSTRIAL ROAD TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, PASSING UNDER A RAILROAD OVERPASS AFTER 1.2 MI, (1.9 KM) JUST BEFORE THE JUNCTION OF KY RT 1829 AND HOLTON ROAD. THE STATION IS LOCATED 17.526 M (57.500 FT) NORTHWEST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 15.514 M (50.899 FT) SOUTH OF KY RT 1829, 10.668 M (35.000 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A RIGHT OF WAY MARKER, AND 6.858 M (22.500 FT) SOUTHEAST OF ANOTHER RIGHT OF WAY MARKER. THE STATION IS AN ALUMINUM DISK STAMPED-- 103 SET 2000-- SET IN THE TOP OF A 0.3 M (1.0 FT) DIAMETER ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT WITH AN IMBEDDED REBAR SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.