Details for Benchmark: AI9387
N 38° 59.417 W 074° 50.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE MAY county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 01411382 E
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1997 (ECB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, WEST AND ACROSS THE GRASSY SOUND CHANNEL FROM THE CITY OF WILDWOOD. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 47 AND THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY AT INTERCHANGE 4, GO SOUTHEAST ON STATE ROUTE 47 FOR 1.3 MI (2.1 KM) TO THE WYE JUNCTION WITH OLD RIO GRANDE BOULEVARD ON THE RIGHT. BEAR RIGHT AND GO SOUTHEAST ON OLD RIO GRANDE BOULEVARD FOR 0.6 MI (1.0 KM) TO THE END OF THE ROAD AT THE WATERS EDGE AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT, SET FLUSH IN A DRILL HOLE IN A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL IN FRONT OF HOUSE NUMBER 701 OLD RIO GRANDE BOULEVARD. THE STATION IS 16.2 FT (4.9 M) NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF OLD RIO GRANDE BOULEVARD, 27.1 FT (8.3 M) SOUTHWEST FROM UTILITY POLE NUMBER BT 81 22LD, 50.4 FT (15.4 M) SOUTHEAST FROM UTILITY POLE NUMBER W 3287, 44.6 FT (13.6 M) SOUTHEAST FROM A SEWER UTILITY MANHOLE, 4.0 FT (1.2 M) FROM A GUIDE RAIL POST AND 34.9 FT (10.6 M) SOUTHEAST FROM THE END OF THE CONCRETE RETAINING WALL. THE STATION IS A STANDARD U.S GEOLOGICAL SURVEY GAGING STATION DISK SET ABOUT 1.2 FT (0.4 M) ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.