Details for Benchmark: AK4020
N 28° 04.917 W 080° 35.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BREVARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- F 7=BAKER RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by DOD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
0.4 MI E FROM MELBOURNE. ABOUT 0.35 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 516 FROM THE FLORIDA EAST COAST RAILWAY STATION AT MELBOURNE, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF WEST ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE NO. 35 AT THE WEST END OF INDIAN RIVER CAUSEWAY, 20 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF HIGHWAY. NOTE-- F.E.C. RWY STATION AT MELBOURNE IS GONE.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|04/25/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GVK)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.