Details for Benchmark: AK4025
N 28° 04.667 W 080° 36.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BREVARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- P 60
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
AT MELBOURNE. AT MELBOURNE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF NEW HAVEN AVENUE (U.S. HIGHWAY 192) AND MAIN STREET, AT THE MELBOURNE GRAMMAR SCHOOL, 14.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH FACE OF THE BUILDING, AT THE BASE OF THE WEST ABUTMENT OF THE MAIN ENTRANCE STEPS, 1.2 FEET WEST OF THE WEST FACE, AND 8 INCHES SOUTH OF THE NORTH FACE. SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. NOTE-- BREVARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE NOW OCCUPIES THE BLDG.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|02/08/1991 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.