Details for Benchmark: AK4029
N 28° 04.292 W 080° 36.113 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BREVARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- M 171
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
AT MELBOURNE. AT MELBOURNE, ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE FLORIDA EAST COAST RAILWAY FROM THE STATION, IN SECTION 2, R 37 E, T 28 S, ABOUT 0.3 MILE SOUTH OF THE BRIDGE OVER CRANE CREEK, NEAR THE CROSSING OF LINE STREET, 18.1 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST TRACK, 30 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF LINE STREET, 34 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF LINE STREET AND THE EAST TRACK, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. NOTE-- F.E.C. RWY STATION HAS BEEN TORN DOWN.
|01/01/1971 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN MELBOURNE, ABOUT 0.48 KM (0.30 MI) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST END OF THE FLORIDA EAST COAST RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER CRANE CREEK, IN THE NORTHEAST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION OF LINE ST AND THE RAILROAD. OWNERSHIP--RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 1 (HARBOR CITY BLVD) AND U.S. HIGHWAY 192 WEST (STRAWBRIDGE AVE) IN MELBOURNE, GO SOUTH-SOUTHEAST FOR 0.97 KM (0.60 MI) ON HIGHWAY 1 TO A PAVED ROAD RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO WEST FOR 0.08 KM (0.05 MI) ON LINE ST TO THE STATION ON RIGHT. THE STATION PROJECTS 20 CM ABOVE GROUND. LOCATED 10.97 M (36.0 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF THE RAILROAD CROSSING, 10.52 M (34.5 FT) NORTH FROM THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF LINE ST, 6.55 M (21.5 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A UTILITY POLE WITH TWO GUY WIRES, 5.49 M (18.0 FT) EAST FROM THE EAST RAIL OF RAILROAD, 4.27 M (14.0 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST FROM A RAILROAD SIGNAL AND 0.30 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH FROM A METAL WITNESS POST. DESCRIBED BY D.F. CALLAHAN.
|02/08/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
IN MELBOURNE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE FLORIDA EAST COAST RAILROAD AND LINE STREET, 10.7 M (35.1 FT) NORTH OF THE STREET CENTER, 6.4 M (21.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH 3 GUY CABLES, 5.6 M (18.4 FT) EAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.2 M (0.7 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND SURFACE.
|04/25/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GVK)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|05/25/1993 by GEOBAS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY GEOBASE CONTROL INCORPORATED 1993
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1990.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.