Details for Benchmark: AK5434
N 28° 05.917 W 080° 36.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BREVARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- 872 1832 TIDAL 1
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1979 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1979
1.5 MI NORTH FROM MELBOURNE. BEGIN AT THE INTERSECTION OF US HIGHWAY 1 AND STATE HIGHWAY 516 IN MELBOURNE, PROCEED NORTH 1.5 MILES ALONG US HIGHWAY 1 TO THE JIM RATHMAN MARINA AND THE MARK. THE MARK BEARS 139 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF AN ASPHALT PARKING LOT AND 30 FEET NORTH NORTHEAST OF A CONCRETE RETAINING WALL.
|01/01/1986 by FLDNR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FL DEPT OF NAT RES 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND AS DESCRIBED EXCEPT THE MARINA IS NOW CALLED THE NOEL YACHTING CENTER.
|04/03/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (GVK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/08/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 5380 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.