Details for Benchmark: AK5993
N 28° 04.925 W 080° 36.892 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In BREVARD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- MELBOURNE TANK AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Craigmc posted a note for AK5993
Took a picture of the tank (AK5985) from near where this mark is supposed to be but did not locate an azimuth mark. I will return and look closer.
[last edit: 6/27/2003 7:48:12 AM PST]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977 (CLN)
TO REACH THE STATION FROM NEW HAVEN AVENUE (STATE HIGHWAY 192) AND OAK STREET IN MELBOURNE, GO NORTH ON OAK STREET FOR 0.35 MILE TO FEE AVENUE AND THE STATION ON LEFT.
STATION MARK, A STANDARD DISK STAMPED MELBOURNE TANK 1934 1977, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 12-INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT IS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS 34 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF OAK STREET AND FEE AVENUE, 30.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF OAK STREET, 16 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF FEE AVENUE, 3.5 FEET NORTH OF A FIRE HYDRANT AND 1.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF FEE AVENUE.
|01/08/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.