Details for Benchmark: AL0497
N 28° 02.218 W 082° 23.114 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HILLSBOROUGH county, FL View Original Datasheet
- TEMPLE TERRACE WATER TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (RLS)
STATION IS A LARGE SILVER STEEL TANK MOUNTED ON FOUR LEGS, LOCATED IN TEMPLE TERRACE, ON THE NW SIDE OF TEMPLE TERRACE GOLF COURSE, AND IN CENTER OF SMALL TRIANGLE PARKWAY.
|01/01/1958 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (ALW)
THIS STATION WAS RECOVERED IN NOVEMBER, 1958. IT IS LOCATED ON THE N SIDE OF THE TEMPLE TERRACE GOLF COURSE ON THE W SIDE OF THE CAMPUS OF FLORIDA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, 35 YD. S OF THE JUNCTION OF INVERNESS STREET AND SUNNINGDALE STREET. IT IS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF A SILVER-COLORED STEEL WATER TANK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.