Details for Benchmark: AL0502
N 28° 03.882 W 082° 25.686 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HILLSBOROUGH county, FL View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by FL-057 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY FLORIDA 1981 (RSW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE ROOF OF THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HOSPITAL, 1300 NORTH 30TH STREET.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF 30TH STREET AND 131ST STREET, PROCEED TO SOUTHWEST CORNER TO VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HOSPITAL. STATION LOCATED ON THE ROOF.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD H.C.E.D. DISK STAMPED---VET 1982---SET INTO THE TOP OF THE ROOF OF VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HOSPITAL, LOCATED 12 FEET EAST OF WEST ROOF EDGE, 12 FEET SOUTH OF NORTH ROOF EDGE, 33 FEET NORTH OF FIRE HYDRANT. THERE IS NO UNDERGROUND MARK.
THERE ARE NO RMS OR AZ MKS FOR THIS STATION. VET A, VET B, AND VET C ARE ALL WING STATIONS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.