Details for Benchmark: AL6497
N 28° 02.583 W 082° 25.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HILLSBOROUGH county, FL View Original Datasheet
- J 117
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1945 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by DOD (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1961
1.3 MI N FROM TAMPA. LOCATED AT TAMPA INDUSTRIAL PARK (FORMERLY HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY AIRPORT). TO REACH FROM INTERSECTION OF TEMPLE TERRACE AVE. AND 30TH STREET, AT THE SW CORNER OF THE BUDWEISER BREWERY, GO NORTH ON 30TH STREET, 0.8 MILE TO E. BOUGAINVILLEA AVE. AT NORTH SIDE OF GLOBE-UNION PLANT, THENCE EAST 0.5 MI. TO A N-S PAVED ROAD, THE FORMER ENTRANCE ROAD TO AIRPORT. THE MARK IS 200 FT. NORTH OF E. BOUGAINVILLEA AVE., 76 FT WEST OF N-S PAVED ROAD, 6.5 SE OF SE CORNER OF ABANDONED 14 FT X 16 FT MASONRY BUILDING. A BRONZE TABLET SET IN SE CORNER OF A 2 FT X 2 FT SQUARE CONCRETE FOUNDATION, WHICH WAS THE SE CORNER OF FORMER CONTROL TOWER.
|03/20/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RF)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.