Details for Benchmark: AL6504
N 28° 01.967 W 082° 24.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HILLSBOROUGH county, FL View Original Datasheet
- U 105
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.3 MI E FROM SULPHUR SPRINGS. 2.3 MILES EAST ALONG THE TEMPLE TERRACE ROAD FROM THE RAILROAD STATION AT SULPHUR SPRINGS. SET IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF AN ORANGE GROVE. 34 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 3.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER FENCE POST, 3.5 FEET NORTH OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED U 105 1942 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|03/20/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RF)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.