Details for Benchmark: AL7655
N 28° 03.937 W 082° 26.078 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HILLSBOROUGH county, FL View Original Datasheet
- VET B
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Ashley & Pam couldn't find AL7655
Didn't find this one. It looks like it was destroyed when a completely new intersection was built a few years ago, installing turn lanes.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by FL-057 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY FLORIDA 1982 (RSW)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF 22ND STREET AND 131ST AVENUE. 0.5 MILES WEST OF VETERANS ADMISTRATION HOSPITAL. STATION IS ON COUNTY RIGHT-OF-WAY.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF FOWLER AVENUE AND 30TH STREET, PROCEED NORTH ON 30TH STREET 0.7 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF 131ST AVENUE AND 30TH STREET, PROCEED WEST ON 131ST AVENUE 0.5 MILES TO THE INTERSECTION OF 22ND STREET AND 131ST AVENUE, MARK IS LOCATED IN NORTHWEST CORNER OF INTERSECTION.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD H.C.E.D. DISK STAMPED---VET B 1982---SET INTO THE TOP OF A 12 INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, LOCATED 31 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINEOF 131ST AVENUE, 23.8 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF 22ND STREET, 23 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 12 INCH PINE TREE, 1.4 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 1.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. THERE IS NO UNDERGROUND MARK.
AZIMUTH MARK IS A STANDARD H.C.E.D. DSIK STAMPED---VET B AZ MK 1982--- SET INTO THE TOP OF A 12 INCH ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, LOCATED 49.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTELINE OF FLETCHER AVENUE, 21.1 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF 22ND STREET, 11.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 4.4 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH MARK FROM THE INTERSECTION OF FLETCHER AVENUE AND 22ND STREET, MARK IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.