Details for Benchmark: AQ0256
N 29° 54.600 W 081° 18.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST JOHNS county, FL View Original Datasheet
- L 322
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||BeachBum22 couldn't find AQ0256
Found a marker on the correct end and side of the bridge, but not at the specified level. Marker reads FLORIDA DOT, is fairly new, and has NO stamping whatsoever. After finding three bridge markers with this same scenario (AQ0255, AQ0256, AQ0252) - identical FLORIDA DOT markers - no stamping or designation at all - I gave up on looking for bridge markers in this area. Apparently the bridge railings have been replaced since the last time these markers were located (with new precast type of barricades), and the new markers are probably located at the same survery point as the old ones, but since they aren't stamped, who knows.....
[Photos:]DUH 2 St. Augustine, FL
DUH 2 St. Augustine, FL
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by FLDNR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
0.4 MI E FROM ST AUGUSTINE. ABOUT 0.45 MILE EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY A 1 A FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 1 AT ST AUGUSTINE, SET ON THE TOP OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST ABUTMENT OF THE LARGE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER HOSPITAL CREEK, 20.8 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 1 FOOT ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (JD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.