Details for Benchmark: AQ0280
N 29° 53.500 W 081° 18.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST JOHNS county, FL View Original Datasheet
- C TIDAL 6
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
AT ST AUGUSTINE. AT ST. AUGUSTINE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF KING AND ST. GEORGE STREETS, IN THE NORTH CONCRETE CURB OF KING STREET, A NEW SQUARE WAS CHISELED IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH SIDE OF THE POST BY PARTY G-3, 4/8/75, 5.8 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF ST. GEORGE STREET. POINT HELD IS THE HIGHEST POINT (NORTH SIDE) OF A 8-INCH SQUARE MARBLE POST, US LETTERS ARE NO LONGER VISIBLE.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (JD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/03/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (JD)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.