Details for Benchmark: AR0279
N 29° 57.917 W 082° 06.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BRADFORD county, FL View Original Datasheet
- W 147
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.1 MI N FROM STARKE. ABOUT 1.1 MILES NORTH ALONG THE SEABOARD AIR LINE RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT STARKE, AT THE CROSSING OF AN EAST-WEST ROAD, 172 FEET SOUTHWEST OF CENTER OF CROSSING, 96 FEET WEST OF WEST RAIL OF WEST TRACK, 46 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A 24 BY 24-FOOT WINDOWLESS CONCRETE BUILDING, 1 FOOT EAST OF A 1 1/2-FOOT HIGH ANGLE IRON STAKE, 146 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 33 FEET WEST-SOUTHWEST OF WEST POLE OF DOUBLE TELEPHONE POLE NO. 1136, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.