Details for Benchmark: AR1765
N 29° 36.843 W 082° 21.211 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALACHUA county, FL View Original Datasheet
- A 109
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by PMC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY PERRY C MCGRIFF COMPANY 1988 (CG)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.5 KM (2.8 MI) SOUTHWEST OF GAINESVILLE. OWNERSHIP--SR 331 R/W.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. 441 AND SR 331, GO WEST FOR 1.2 KM (0.8 MI) ON SR 331 TO THE STATION ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ROAD.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD AC GIS DISK STAMPED---STATION A109---, SET INTO THE GROUND 42 FT TO REFUSAL (6 IN PVC SLEEVE) 1.19 METERS (3.92 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A NAIL AND CAP (NO 3765) IN A GUY POLE, 0.6 METERS (2 FT ) SOUTH OF A CARSONITE POST SET, 5.33 METERS (17.47 FT) NORTHWEST FROM A NAIL AND CAP (NO 3765) SET IN NORTH E/P OF SR 331, 7.22 METERS (23.67 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A NAIL AND CAP (NO 3765) SET IN NORTH EDGE OF CONC. WALK.
AZIMUTH MARK NO. 1 IS A STANDARD AC GIS DISK STAMPED---AZIMUTH A110---, SET INTO THE GROUND 12 FT TO REFUSAL (6 IN PVC SLEEVE) 21.80 METERS (71.53 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM A NAIL AND CAP (NO 3765) SET IN POWER POLE, 15.23 METERS (49.95 FT) NORTH FROM A NAIL AND CAP (NO 3765) SET IN POWER POLE, 17.09 METERS (56.06 FT) EAST FROM A NAIL AND CAP (NO 3765) SET IN APPROX. 7.3 METERS (24 FT) WEST OF CENTERLINE INTERSECTION OF SR 331 AND ACR SW 18TH STREET. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH FROM THE STATION, GO EAST FOR 0.6 KM (0.4 MI) ON SR 331 TO THE INTERSECTION WITH SW 18TH STREET, AZIMUTH MARK IS IN CENTER OF NOSE OF A GRASS MEDIAN EAST OF INTERSECTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1991.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.