Details for Benchmark: AT0287
N 29° 56.733 W 089° 59.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST BERNARD county, LA View Original Datasheet
- CHALMETTE ECC RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1931 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
1.55 MI W FROM CHALMETTE. ABOUT 1.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 39 FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT CHALMETTE, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD AND BLACK TOP ROAD, AT THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE, SET ON THE TOP OF THE WEST CORNER OF CONCRETE BASE THE SOUTHWEST ONE OF FOUR CONCRETE BASE FOR AN ABANDONED WATER TANK, 104 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD AND 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.