Details for Benchmark: AT0288
N 29° 56.783 W 089° 59.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST BERNARD county, LA View Original Datasheet
- D 3155 LAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by LAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
1.05 MI NW FROM CHALMETTE. ABOUT 1.05 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 39 FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT CHALMETTE, ABOUT 125 YARDS EAST OF A PAVED DRIVE LEADING SOUTH TO THE CHALMETTE MONUMENT, 13 1/2 SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE EAST-BOUND TRAFFICE LANE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1 FOOT SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE HIGHWAY, 4 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.