Details for Benchmark: AT0290
N 29° 56.683 W 089° 59.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST BERNARD county, LA View Original Datasheet
- D 3156 LAGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by LAGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
0.7 MI NW FROM CHALMETTE. ABOUT 0.7 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 39 FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT CHALMETTE, BETWEEN THE TWO LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 122 YARDS EAST OF THE CENTER OF A DRIVE LEADING SOUTH TO THE CHALMETTE CEMETERY, 17 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE EAST-BOUND LANE OF THE HIGHWAY, 18 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE WEST-BOUND LANE OF THE HIGHWAY, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST 3 INCHES UNDERGROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.