Details for Benchmark: AT0763
N 29° 57.567 W 089° 59.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST BERNARD county, LA View Original Datasheet
- SB 002 B
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by BUN-Y (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY BURK AND N-Y 1988
0.0 KM (0.00 MI) NW FROM CHALMETTE. THE MARK IS 0.15 M BELOW PERRIN ST.. LOCATED 3.78 KM (2.35 MI) WEST ALONG JUDGE PEREZ DR. FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH PARIS RD. IN THE SOUTHEAST ANGLE OF PERRIN RD. IT IS 0.914 M (3.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CURB OF JUDGE PEREZ DR., 10.06 M (33.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF JUDGE PEREZ DR., 4.57 M (15.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF PERRIN RD., 0.914 M (3.0 FT) EAST OF THE EDGE OF THE LIL. FISHERMAN BLDG., AND 4.27 M (14.0 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF A 0.914 M (3.0 FT) BY 1.524 M (5.0 FT) DRAINAGE GRATE. IT IS IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A LARGE GRASSY LAWN AREA OWNED BY THE CAROLYN PARK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 6-INCH ST. BERNARD PARISH LOGO CAP.
|11/21/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN CHALMETTE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF JUDGE PEREZ DRIVE AND PERRIN ROAD, 9.9 M (32.5 FT) SOUTH OF AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTERLINE OF THE EASTBOUND LANES OF THE DRIVE, 4.5 M (14.8 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A CATCH BASIN, 1.1 M (3.6 FT) EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF THE ROAD, AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A SIDEWALK. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
|01/19/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (GAS)
IN ARABI, AT THE INTERSECTION OF JUDGE PEREZ (STATE HIGHWAY 39) AND PERRIN DRIVES, 10.0 M (32.8 FT) SOUTHWEST OF AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTERLINE OF THE EASTBOUND LANES OF JUDGE PEREZ DRIVE, 1.1 M (3.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST CURB OF PERRIN DRIVE, AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.