Details for Benchmark: AT0764
N 29° 57.483 W 089° 59.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST BERNARD county, LA View Original Datasheet
- SB 003 C
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- a metal rod with base plate buried/screwed into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by BUN-Y (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY BURK AND N-Y 1988
0.8 KM (0.50 MI) NW FROM ARABI. LOCATED 3.3 KM (2.05 MI) WEST ALONG JUDGE PEREZ DR., (STATE HIGHWAY 39) FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH PARIS RD. (STATE HIGHWAY 47), IN THE NORTHERN ANGLE OF THE JUNCTION WITH NORTON AVENUE AT FIRE STATION NO. 4 . IT IS 14.33 M (47.0 FT) NORTH OF THE WEST-BOUND LANE OF JUDGE PEREZ DR., 0.914 M (3.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE FIRE STATION, 2.74 M (9.0 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE SIDE WALK, 1.52 M (5.0 FT) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE DRIVEWAY TO THE FIRE STATION, 5.79 M (19.0 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A DRAIN AND 7.62 M (25.0 FT) NW OF A 25.4 CM (10 INCHES) GAS MANHOLE COVER.
|11/21/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
IN CHALMETTE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF JUDGE PEREZ DRIVE AND NORTON AVENUE, 14.3 M (46.9 FT) WEST OF THE AVENUE CENTER, 12.5 M (41.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF THE DRIVE, 3.3 M (10.8 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST BAY DOOR OF FIRE STATION 4, AND 1.0 M (3.3 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING.
|01/19/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (GAS)
IN ARABI, AT THE INTERSECTION OF JUDGE PEREZ DRIVE (STATE HIGHWAY 39) AND NORTON AVENUE, 14.3 M (46.9 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE AVENUE CENTER, 12.5 M (41.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF AND LEVEL WITH THE CENTER OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF THE DRIVE, AND 1.0 M (3.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF FIRE STATION NUMBER 4. NOTE--THE DISK IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH PVC PIPE AND IS 0.2 M (0.7 FT) BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.