Details for Benchmark: AT0765
N 29° 57.283 W 089° 58.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ST BERNARD county, LA View Original Datasheet
- SB 004 B
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by BUN-Y (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY BURK AND N-Y 1988
0.0 KM (0.00 MI) NW FROM CHALMETTE. THE MARK IS 0.0 BELOW SIDE WALK. LOCATED 2.41 KM (1.50 MI) WEST ALONG JUDGE PEREZ DR. (HIGHWAY 39) FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH PARIS ROAD (HIGHWAY 47), 0.304 M (1.0 FT) EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE CIVIC CENTER, 10.06 M (33.0 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF THE WEST-BOUND LANE OF JUDGE PEREZ DR., 14.94 M (49.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE LIBERTY BELL AND 0.304 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE EAST-WEST SIDEWALK LEADING TO THE LIBERTY BELL NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 6-INCH ST. BERNARD PARISH LOGO CAP.
|11/21/1990 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1990
2.4 KM (1.5 MI) WESTERLY ALONG JUDGE PEREZ DRIVE FROM THE JUNCTION OF PARIS ROAD IN CHALMETTE, 14.1 M (46.3 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 13.9 M (45.6 FT) WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE FOUNDATION FOR A BELL, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE CULTURE CENTER PARKING LOT, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A SIDEWALK, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DRIVE. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
|01/19/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (GAS)
2.4 KM (1.50 MI) WESTERLY ALONG JUDGE PEREZ DRIVE (STATE HIGHWAY 39) FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 47 IN CHALMETTE, 14.1 M (46.3 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF THE DRIVE, 13.9 M (45.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE WEST FOOTING FOR A BELL TOWER, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF THE EASTERN MOST ENTRANCE ROAD TO A CULTURE CENTER PARKING LOT, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE DRIVE. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1996.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.