Details for Benchmark: AW0132
N 29° 47.133 W 095° 50.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WALLER county, TX View Original Datasheet
- A 1247
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.1 MI WEST FROM KATY. 1.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE MISSOURI-KANSAS-TEXAS RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT KATY, IN THE TOP EAST END OF NORTH HEADWALL FOR A DOUBLE BOX CULVERT UNDER HIGHWAY, 75 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL, 21 FEET NORTH OF CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 90, 1 FOOT WEST OF THE EAST END OF NORTH HEADWALL, AND 327 FEET WEST OF ROAD CROSSING TO SUB STATION.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1978 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT ADD--1.8 KM (1.1 MI) WEST ALONG US HIGHWAY 90 FROM THE JUNCTION OF PIN OAK ROAD SOUTH IN KATY.
|01/01/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (WHA)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.