Details for Benchmark: AW2178
N 29° 52.467 W 095° 49.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARRIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- S 1252
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
6.2 MI NW FROM KATY. 6.1 MILES NORTH ALONG KATY HOCKLEY ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 90 AND AVENUE D, AND THENCE ABOUT 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG FARM ROAD 529, TO A DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH AND INTO A FIELD. SET INSIDE OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A SMALL PASTURE, 62.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF FARM ROAD 529, 27.5 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE DIRT ROAD LEADING NORTH, 1 FOOT WEST OF A NORTH AND SOUTH FENCE, AND 1 FOOT NORTH OF AN EAST AND WEST FENCE. DISK IS LEVEL WITH THE GROUND, ACCESS TO WHICH IS TO BE HAD THROUGH A 4 INCH PLASTIC SCREW PLUG.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT ADD AT A GRAVEL ENTRANCE ROAD NORTH TO A LARGE TWO-STORY BRICK MANSION, 0.3 METER (1.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF A CORNER FENCE POST OF A PASTURE.
|06/25/1994 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1994
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.