Details for Benchmark: AW4239
N 29° 29.500 W 095° 40.841 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- W 811
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a prefabricated concrete post imbedded in the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
13.0 MI NE FROM GUY. 7.65 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG FARM ROAD 1994 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 36 AT GUY, THENCE 5.35 MILES NORTHEAST AND NORTHWEST ALONG FARM ROAD 762, AT THE JUNCTION OF SMITHERS LAKE ROAD SOUTHEAST, 49 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 42 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF SMITHERS LAKE ROAD, 11 1/2 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A T JUNCTION TELEPHONE POLE WITH A METAL BOX AND GUY WIRE, 10 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER POST, 3.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE, 8.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE, 8.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 12.3 KM (7.65 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG FM ROAD 1994 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 36 IN GUY, THENCE 8.6 KM (5.35 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG FM ROAD 762, 15.1 METERS (49.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF FM ROAD 762, 12.8 METERS (42.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SMITHERS LAKE ROAD, 3.0 METERS (10.0 FT) EAST OF A TELEPHONE JUNCTION BOX, 2.1 METERS (7.0 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A POWER POLE, 1.8 METERS (6.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A POWER POLE. THE MARK IS 0.9 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE ROADS.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (JRM)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (MVM)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|04/22/1995 by HGCSD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY HARRIS-GALV CO DIST 1995 (JCH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|06/22/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model using precise GPS observation and processing techniques.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.