Details for Benchmark: AW4256
N 29° 26.000 W 095° 57.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- N 800
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
3.35 MI SE FROM KENDLETON. TO REACH FROM THE KENDLETON NEGRO SCHOOL NO. 2 (0.75 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE RAILROAD STATION AT KENDLETON), PROCEED 2.6 MILES SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG A COUNTY DIRT ROAD TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A SMALL WOODEN BRIDGE ACROSS THE ROAD. IT IS 33.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF AND ABOUT 1.0 FOOT BELOW THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 0.5 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. MONUMENT IS 2.2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 4 X 4 INCH WHITE WOODEN MARKER POST AND PROJECTS 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, AND SET IN A CONCRETE POST.
|12/10/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
|02/07/1998 by USPSQD (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.