Details for Benchmark: AW4263
N 29° 20.900 W 095° 55.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- Z 800
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
8.1 MI SW FROM NEEDVILLE. TO REACH FROM THE FIRST STATE BANK AT NEEDVILLE, PROCEED 3.5 MILES SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG A DIRT ROAD TO THE INTERSECTION OF A DIRT CROSS ROAD (A POINT CALLED FOUR CORNERS OR MARLOW STORE), THENCE 1.7 MILE NORTHWESTERLY ALONG A DIRT ROAD TO THE INTERSECTION OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, THENCE 2.9 MILES SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG A DIRT ROAD TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS 0.05 MILE NORTHWEST OF AND ACROSS THE ROAD FROM A SMALL FRAME NEGRO HOUSE. IT IS 23.0 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 2.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. MONUMENT IS 2.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A 4X4 INCH WHITE WOODEN MARKER POST AND PROJECTS 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, AND SET IN A CONCRETE POST.
|02/07/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.