Details for Benchmark: AW4580
N 29° 47.217 W 095° 49.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARRIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- KATY 2 RM 5
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
IN KATY. IN THE CENTRAL PART OF THE CITY OF KATY, SOUTH OF THE PROPOSED NEW MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 102 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF AVENUE C, 35 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF SECOND STREET, 7.5 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A BRICK BUILDING (BEAUTY SHOPPE), 5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CURB, 0.5 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK, AND SET IN A CEMENT SIDEWALK AT THE TIME IT WAS POURED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.