Details for Benchmark: AW5411
N 29° 43.969 W 095° 50.766 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- HGCSD 66
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
7.6 KM (4.7 MI) SOUTH FROM KATY. 7.4 KM (4.6 MI) SOUTH ALONG PIN OAK ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 90 IN KATY, THENCE 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) SOUTH ALONG FM ROAD 1463, 20.7 METERS (68.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 7.3 METERS (24.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVEL ROAD TO A FARM, 5.8 METERS (19.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH POST OF A WOOD GATE. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (REP)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 37.0 KM (23.0 MI) WEST OF WEST LOOP INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 610 IN HOUSTON, 22.5 KM (14.0 MI) NORTH OF RICHMOND AND 6.4 KM (4.0 MI) SOUTH OF KATY. OWNERSHIP--HAL V CARDIFF, CARDIFF BROTHERS, PO BOX 691, KATY TX 77492-0691, PHONE 713-391-3303 OR 713-391-3554.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTIONS OF FARM ROADS 1093, 359 AND 1463, ABOUT 6.4 KM (4.0 MI) SOUTH OF KATY, GO NORTH ON FARM ROAD 1463 FOR 4.3 KM (2.65 MI) TO A GATE ON THE RIGHT. PASS THRU THE GATE TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT JUST EAST OF A FENCELINE.
THE STATION IS A PUNCH MARK IN THE TOP OF A STAINLESS STEEL ROD DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND AND INSIDE A 1-INCH PCV PIPE THAT IS 20 FEET LONG FILLED WITH GREASE THAT IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH PCV PIPE WITH A LOGO CAP STAMPED---HGCSD 66 1986---, THE ROD IS RECESSED 10 CM BELOW THE GROUND. LOCATED 20.9 METERS (68.7 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF FARM ROAD 1463, 7.7 METERS (25.1 FT) SOUTH OF A DIRT DRIVE, 5.2 METERS (17.0 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A LARGE UTILITY POLE AND 4.7 METERS (15.4 FT) EAST OF A BARBED WIRE FENCE.
HARRIS-GALVESTON, TEXAS, SUBSIDENCE NETWORK, JAN 1987.
THIS STATION IS SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY T.F. DAWS.
|01/04/1995 by HGCSD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY HARRIS-GALV CO DIST 1995 (JCH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|10/10/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model using precise GPS observation and processing techniques.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.