Details for Benchmark: AW5416
N 29° 52.477 W 095° 49.458 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HARRIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- HGCSD 16
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
9.8 KM (6.1 MI) NORTH FROM KATY. 9.8 KM (6.1 MI) NORTH ALONG KATY-HOCKLEY ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 90 IN KATY, 35.2 METERS (115.5 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 19.4 METERS (63.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF FM ROAD 529, 1.4 METERS (4.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF A FENCE. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 1.35 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE ROADS.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (REP)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 24.9 KM (15.5 MI) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF WALLER, 19.3 KM (12.0 MI) SOUTHWEST OF CYPRESS, 11.3 KM (7.0 MI) NORTH OF KATY AND IN THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OF THE INTERSECTION OF FM 529 AND KATY-HOCKLEY ROAD. OWNERSHIP--TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS, 11TH AND BRAZOS, AUSTIN TX 78701, PHONE 512-465-7337.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE OFFICE OF THE HOUSTON LIGHT AND POWER IN KATY, GO EAST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 90 FOR 0.9 KM (0.55 MI) TO KATYLAND DRIVE ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH ON KATYLAND DRIVE FOR 1.3 KM (0.8 MI) TO A 4-WAY STOP. (KATYLAND DRIVE NOW BECOMES KATY-HOCKLEY CUTOFF.) CONTINUE NORTH FOR 2.4 KM (1.5 MI) TO MORTON-RANCH ROAD, TURN LEFT AND GO WEST FOR 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) TO KATY-HOCKLEY ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO NORTH FOR 6.4 KM (4.0 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT.
THE STATION IS A PUNCH MARK IN THE TOP OF A STAINLESS STEEL ROD DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND AND INSIDE A 1-INCH PVC PIPE THAT IS 20 FEET LONG FILLED WITH GREASE THAT IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH PCV PIPE WITH A LOGO CAP STAMPED---HGCSD 16 1986---. THE ROD IS RECESSED 8 CM BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. LOCATED 35.2 METERS (115.5 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF KATY-HOCKLEY ROAD, 19.4 METERS (63.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF FM 529, 1.4 METERS (4.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF A NORTHWEST-SOUTHEAST FENCELINE AND 0.5 METER (1.5 FT) NORTH OF A WITNESS POST.
HARRIS-GALVESTON, TEXAS, SUBSIDENCE NETWORK, JAN 1987.
THIS SITE IS SUITABLE FOR GPS SURVEYS.
DESCRIBED BY D.R. LOKKEN.
|10/23/1992 by NOS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1992
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|11/21/1994 by HGCSD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY HARRIS-GALV CO DIST 1994 (JCH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model using precise GPS observation and processing techniques.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.