Details for Benchmark: AW5490
N 29° 34.883 W 095° 59.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- U 1505
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
2.9 KM (1.8 MI) SOUTH FROM ORCHARD. 2.9 KM (1.85 MI) SOUTH ALONG FM ROAD 1489 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 36 IN ORCHARD, AT A POWERLINE JUNCTION WITH LINES LEADING NORTH SOUTH AND WEST, 17.9 METERS (58.8 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 4.0 METERS (13.0 FT) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTH END OF AN 18-INCH PIPE CULVERT, 2.4 METERS (8.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF A TRACK ROAD WEST, 0.3 METER (1.0 FT) SOUTH OF A POWER POLE. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH FM ROAD 1489.
|11/22/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.