Details for Benchmark: AW6880
N 29° 20.302 W 095° 51.377 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- TT 18 WWF USGS 1953
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
B.M. TT18 WWF (USGS) WAS USED AS THE AZIMUTH MARK AND A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE. IT IS A STANDARD U.S.G.S. BENCH MARK DISK SET IN A 6 INCH CIRCULAR CONCRETE POST, 69.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF FARM ROAD NO. 442, 60.3 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF A CHURCHYARD DRIVEWAY, 18.0 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER AND 1.0 FOOT WEST OF A FENCE. IT PROJECTS 6 INCHES AND IS STAMPED TT 18 WWF 1951.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE RAILROAD DEPOT IN BOLING, GO SMALL WHITE CHURCH ON THE RIGHT.
|01/10/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.