Details for Benchmark: AW6966
N 29° 33.804 W 095° 47.178 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FORT BEND county, TX View Original Datasheet
- ROSENBERG HOUSTON LT CO TWR
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (RLE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE EAST EDGE OF ROSENBERG, 0.05 MILE NORTH OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 59 AND 90A AND 300 FEET NORTH OF A LARGE OFFICE BUILDING. IT IS A SELF SUPPORTING STEEL TOWER WHICH IS ABOUT 12 FEET WIDE AT THE BASE AND TAPERS TO A POINT AT THE TOP (4 LEGGED STRUCTURE). THERE IS A RED BLINKER LIGHT AT THE APEX OF THE TOWER. THE OVERALL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 280 FEET.
THE RED BLINKER LIGHT AT THE APEX OF THE TOWER WAS OBSERVED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.