Details for Benchmark: AW6979
N 29° 47.259 W 095° 49.355 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HARRIS county, TX View Original Datasheet
- KATY MUNICIPAL TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (RLE)
THE STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE CENTER OF THE BLOCK BOUNDED BY THIRD ST. ON THE NORTH, SECOND ST. ON THE SOUTH, AVENUE B ON THE EAST AND AVENUE C ON THE WEST IN KATY.
IT IS A FOUR LEGGED TUBULAR STEEL STRUCTURE SUPPORTING THE TANK PROPER, HAS A DOME SHAPED ROOF WITH A BALL AT THE APEX AND AN OVER-ALL HEIGHT OF 135.0 FEET.
THE POINT OBSERVED UPON WAS THE BALL AT THE APEX OF THE ROOF.
|01/01/1968 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (JLC)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY R.L.E. IN 1952.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE BALL AT THE APEX OF THE TANK.
|11/22/1993 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1993
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.